- Don’t trust your feelings. They are patriarchy’s strongest weapon.
- Lesbians On Chairs, or: Do the ends justify the means?
- The Politics of Piss and Power
- The Invisible Male of Matripatriarchy: A Radical Lesbian Reading of Heide Göttner-Abendroth, Am Anfang die Mütter, Matriarchale Gesellschaft und Politik als Alternative (Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 2011)
- Filia Dolorosa: A Radical Lesbian Feminist Reading of Charlotte Roche’s ‘Wetlands’ (Harper Collins, London 2009)
amargi on Can Women Oppress Other W… icemountainfire on Don’t trust your feeling… icemountainfire on Men Are Not Broken icemountainfire on Can Women Oppress Other W… icemountainfire on Lesbians On Chairs, or: Do the…
Category Archives: Radical Feminism
To pay my bills, I work a job in spatial closeness to extremely powerful men. The kind of powerful men that rub shoulders with state leaders and oligarchs, that buy themselves laws and the Eastern European expansion of the EU. … Continue reading
Compared to the two posts before and the next and last one, this will be a bit shorter. There is a reason for that, or rather, two. Radical-leaning feminists tend to argue we should put the analytical focus on why … Continue reading
When I stumbled over sadomasochism in my late teens, I felt like everybody was getting something I didn’t. Why did they choose a Marquis as a symbol of the huddled masses? Why was whipping people associated with freedom for these … Continue reading
Years ago I got the idea that sadomasochism was a secularised form of Christianity. The parallels are just too striking to overlook. I let the idea sit for a bit to straighten out my arguments, wrote bits and pieces of … Continue reading
Looking back on my posts so far, I realise I have written a lot about how liberal feminists are failing other women, and relatively little about the root cause of the miserable state the planet is in: Men.
1. Introduction Quick note: This is written mainly for Lesbians, from a Lesbian Radical Feminist viewpoint. This piece should also be read after the two last posts: https://icemountainfire.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/lesbians-and-children/ https://icemountainfire.wordpress.com/2014/05/24/hetero-sex-rape-and-lesbian-choice/ These posts clarify my personal experience with the question of motherhood … Continue reading
First of all, I have not forgotten that I owe you a post on motherhood as a follow-up to the ‘Lesbians and Children’ post. This piece here started out as a part of it, but then developed a life on … Continue reading
Children to me personally are a non-issue. I never wanted them, and since I have a distinctly younger sibling who was a baby and a toddler in my teenage years, I know very well what it really means to have … Continue reading
I’m grateful for this piece of twaddle Rob Stephenson, “Associate Professor of Global Health at Emory University and an expert in HIV and sexual behavior among gay men” recently published on Huffpost: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-stephenson/why-is-my-penis-funnier-t_b_4285912.html?utm_hp_ref=sex It gives me the opportunity to spell … Continue reading